Our client is a leading consulting and advisory firm in the metals industry with a global presence. They are looking to expand their metals coverage in Beijing.
The key responsibilities of this role include the following.
- Apply knowledge of the copper mining industry to our market analysis of cost, assets and projects
- Conduct bottom-up market analysis of the cost structure of individual mine assets including operational benchmarking, as well as top-down reconciliation of corporate financial accounts
- Build and maintain contacts in the copper mining industry, and collate information from key industry participants in the region by telephone, asset visits or face-to-face meetings. Focus will be on the commercial and financial aspects of the copper mining sector
- Critically review and prioritise cost data and information which you gather and apply to produce findings of the highest quality on quantitative and qualitative data
- Contribute towards the global analysis of copper mine supply and provide our client base with concise, insightful views on the global industry trends and events
- Effectively communicate findings to clients through written deliverables and face-to-face presentations
- Provide the knowledge on which to support consultancy in this business area
- Contribute towards the enhancement of existing information and findings and to the development of new products, in particular expanding product coverage of China, Central Africa and Russia
- Manage specific work projects involving participation from team members in different international offices
- The candidate should have a university degree in a relevant discipline (i.e. Economics, Business, Mining, Geology, Engineering, or other Sciences).
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the mining or banking industry
- Superb problem solving and technical skills
- Solid numeric analytic capabilities and familiarity with financial models
- The capability to see the big picture and understand which information matters
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- The ability to work as part of a team and a willingness to make a real contribution
- Excellent organization and planning skills and the ability to manage your own workload
If you are interested please contact email@example.com or call 010 5900 9080