Our client is a famous international oil company. As they set up the Asia headquarter in Beijing they need some senior level people to join and help their business in Asia.
The JV Manager’s work shall be based on his assigned responsibility for a specific JV. In that capacity the incumbent shall be in the primary role of directing and leading teams comprised of members from Joint Venture Development & Support and others departments when appropriate. Independent of his own analyses, the Coordinator shall solicit, obtain and review analyses prepared or organized by team members and other organizations. The primary work objective associated with the joint venture shall be to advise Directors on joint venture Board Material and other joint venture related material. Such advice shall be in the form of written and/or presentation briefs. More specifically, the work consists of the following:
• Executes, in conjunction with the JV Specialist, JV Consultant, or Group Leader, unique quantitative and analytical projects or studies on the JV.
• Formulates solutions and recommendations, and provides central direction and control over complex JV business matters, including possible synergies.
• Evaluates, summarizes and makes recommendations on the JV Board agenda items, including Business Plans, Operating Plans and Capital programs.
• Reviews and keeps abreast of finance, marketing, political, business environment, technical trends, local and corporate news, and other factors affecting the JV.
• Organizes, mobilizes, and direct company resources in the solution of specific JV problems as the need arises.
• Originates and/or evaluates ideas for potential improvement, develops basis for investigation and recommends action to the Group Leader or Director.
• Confers with the JV Specialist, JV Consultant, or Group Leader concerning actions and efforts associated with JV work that will improve the caliber of the JV Manager’s services and reports.
• Assists with the training and development of new JV Managers. Provides guidance to personnel assigned as assistants. Conducts a comprehensive turnover to his replacement prior to the commencement of any re-assignment.
• Maintains up-to-date briefing materials required to orient newly assigned Directors and conducts briefings for new Directors. These materials include a JV History that in addition to background information also provides a chronology of changes that occurred to the venture since its acquisition.
• Studies and trains self constantly to maintain and improve his performance in the business, finance, technical, marketing or engineering fields.
• Develops and conducts presentations on studies or projects as may be requested.
• Ensures JV records and files are accurate and up-to-date. This includes accurate filing of hard copies and electronic copies (via e-cabinet) and determining retention periods for documents.
• Ensures applicable and accurate JV volumetric and financial information is entered into the jvNET oracle database (or its successor). Analyzes volumetric data, income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements, and jvNET generated financial ratios generally with input from Joint Venture Development & Support and/or Finance specialists. Uploads or places the analyses into the respective jvNET report sections.
• Administers and conducts reviews of shareholder agreements, including the Crude Oil Sales Agreement, to ensure compliance with obligations and for improvements in performance.
A. Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing, Financial Management or closely related specialty. Post-graduate education or equivalent experience in Finance/Economics is desirable.
B. Typically has ten years’ experience in the petroleum industry or work associated with the oversight of investments in companies. Must have the proven ability to handle complex problems in a rigorous, analytical fashion. Experience must have been sufficiently broad so as to allow incumbent to be effective in technical, financial and marketing areas. Preferentially should have worked as a Joint Venture Analyst II for at least two years.
C. Must be able to work with minimum supervision on relatively unstructured tasks. Must know how and when to use a variety of statistical, and financial analytical tools and have a working knowledge of petroleum economics, petroleum technology and finance. Must have superior communication skills and the demonstrated ability to produce quality written and oral reports and presentations, in English. Must be proficient in the use of analytical, word processing, and presentation software.